Terms and Conditions for the Website www.dechenceydesigns.co.uk
Web Site Access
2. It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website.
Use of website
4. You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
5. All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational al day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
6. Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor provided material
8. When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
9. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 7.
Links to and from other websites
10. Throughout this website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
11. Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
a. you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
b. you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
c. the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
12. By linking to this website in breach of clause 11.c you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
13. Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
14. All material contained on this website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this website at your own discretion.
Exclusion of liability
15. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website.
Law and jurisdiction
18. These T&Cs are governed by English law. Any dispute arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods Through
the Website www.decheneceydesigns.org.uk
You and this website
19. We can only accept orders from, and deliver goods to, Great Britain.
20. We may suspend, restrict or terminate access to this site at any time. We accept no responsibility for the websites linked to this website, or any information, practices or products of other parties linked to this website. Any dealings you have with any person found via this website are between you and them: we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from them.
21. All communications including advertisements made by De Chenecey Designs and all information on this website are invitations to treat only and are not offers or unilateral contracts. In other words, though we may inform you of what we sell, and feature particular special offers (for example), we are not obliged to sell you anything.
The contract between you and us
22. When you submit an order, it represents simply an offer by you to purchase the products. It is not binding on us until we have notified you that the order is accepted by us. This means that if a product is shown on the web site but is not available or is incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described, De Chenecey Designs shall not be obliged to sell you that product. Payment must be approved in whole for the price of the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been cleared we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending you an email at the email address you provide on your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
23. Payment for goods is by bank transfer only. For bank transfer the account details are:
Pricing and delivery
24. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website. All prices of goods shown on this website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). The VAT component of your order is highlighted separately on your invoice and email.
25. All our prices are in Sterling. You will be billed in Sterling and only purchases within Great Britain will be processed.
26. You are required to pay for delivery. It might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If a solution cannot be found by alternative delivery methods you will be informed as such.
Right for you to cancel your contract
27. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return the items to us within 7 days of receipt of order and we will be happy to offer you either an exchange or full refund minus any postage costs, providing:
a. You have not worn or damaged the jewellery and it is in perfect condition.
b. You contact us by email within 7 days of receiving your goods.
c. You return your goods within 7 days of emailing us.
d. You are not wishing to return earrings as for reasons of hygiene we are unable to offer exchanges or refunds on earrings.
28. Commissioned orders cannot be returned or exchanged under any circumstances as they have been created especially for you. These include engraved items, bespoke pieces and any jewellery that you have specifically asked be made with different stones or metals than are shown on the website.
29. You do not need to give any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. To cancel your contract you must notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return your item
30. The following actions need to be taken:
a. Email us at email@example.com within 7 working days of receipt of purchase providing me with your address or bank details (sort code and account number).
b. You are responsible for shipping payment on return of all goods to me.
c. Goods must be returned to us by Special Delivery to ensure you have proof of mailing. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit.
d. The package must be packed securely in the packaging in which you received it. We are not liable to refund you if the jewellery is returned to us damaged.
e. Once we have received the goods we will refund the item by cheque or by bank transfer within 30 days.
31. If goods are returned in damaged or worn condition, we reserve the right to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount credited to you.
32. Refunds will be by cheque or bank transfer provided that the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
Cancellation by us
33. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and us if: we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered; we do not deliver to your area; or one or more of the items you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
34. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will refund you by cheque or bank transfer as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Delivery of goods to you
35. We will post the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery. It is your responsibility to ensure that the address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used.
36. All orders are delivered using Royal Mail Special Delivery. In some instances where Royal Mail may not be an option an alternative courier maybe sought. We will only inform you if we are unable to deliver your goods.
37. You will be advised of post and packing charges when you place your order.
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been dispatched to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
38. If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
39. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 7 working days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by e-mail or telephone at our contact address of the problem within 7 days of the date on which you ordered the goods. Notify us of non-delivery within this time frame so we can take up the matter with Royal Mail.
40. If you notify us of a problem under this condition, our only obligation will be either:
a. to make good any shortage or non-delivery; or
b. to replace any goods that are damaged or defective; or
c. to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
41. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
42. You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation to purchase goods from our site. All our jewellery requiring hallmarking is hallmarked with UK marks, and therefore may not comply with international requirements on precious metals. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
43. We cannot be held responsible for any delays once the goods have left us and are in possession of the courier or Royal Mail.
44. Our warranty is the foundation for a long lasting relationship with you, our customer. While we strive for the highest quality, on rare occasions faults can happen and the purpose of this part of the T&Cs is to make it clear where responsibilities lie in the event of a fault.
45. Our warranty covers craftsmanship faults. It does not cover accidental damage, incidental damage, normal wear and tear, theft, accidental loss, or any damage that our craftsmen deem is not due to craftsmanship-related issues. Also, if the piece has been altered in any way, the warranty no longer covers the item, unless the alterations have been completed by De Chenecey Designs.
46. If in the opinion of our craftsmen the fault is due to a manufacturing defect De Chenecey Designs will repair the item free of charge. If repair is not possible or is uneconomic you will be offered a replacement item or a refund.
47. The most likely issue is with precious stones rather than metalwork. Please note the following:
a. Any ring made by De Chenecey Designs containing precious stones is checked for the condition of the stone and the security of settings before being given to you
b. You are strongly advised to check stone setting security regularly. Please contact us if you would like advice on how to do this. We recommend that you bring your jewellery to be checked for signs of any wear and tear so that we can pre-empt any problems occurring.
c. If you suspect a potentially loose stone in an item made by De Chenecey Designs, we will be glad to make any adjustments necessary. This will be free of charge if within a reasonable period of time (taken as up to the 6 month point) from the date of purchase.
d. In the unlikely event of a stone falling out, we will reset the stone free of charge if the defect has occurred within a reasonable period of time (taken as up to the 6 month point) from the date of purchase and the fault is due to a manufacturing defect not accidental damage or fair wear and tear
e. If a stone is lost owing to a manufacturing defect but not accidental damage or fair wear and tear we will replace the stone free of charge if the defect has occurred within a reasonable period of time from the date of purchase (taken as up to the 6 month point).
f. We strongly advise you to have adequate insurance in place to cover potential theft, loss or damage of precious stones and jewellery.
48. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these T&Cs, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent by e-mail to our contact address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
49. If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Privacy and data protection notice
De Chenecey Designs and information about you
You will not receive any other correspondence other than that relating to your purchases requests and questions.
51. We will not under any circumstances provide your contact details to third parties.
We do not send any spam or random marketing emails to personal email addresses. Emails will only be related to your purchase or requests.
53. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on our website. From time to time our site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
54. De Chenecey Designs is the operator of www.decheneceydesigns.co.uk
55. All trademarks, company names or logos sited herein are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such brand names, photographs, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners’ rights.
Events beyond our control
56. We will not be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable for any delay in performance if to the extent that any delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.